Category: Informative / Tips
Common Electric Store Items & What To Shop
Electric stores are all the rage right now, and there are so many different items to look out for. The last thing you want is to buy something you like but then find out it’s not compatible with your power source. So, with this in mind, we’ve put together a list of 10 electric store items that are good to buy.
Common Electric Store Items
What to shop for in an electric store
Something entertaining. A kit with instructions on “getting started in best electric store items,” or a do-it-yourself kit for electric store items guidelines, such as the ones sold by Velleman. And you’ll need a soldering iron, of course. A book covering the fundamentals of electric store items . An Arduino. The Raspberry Pi computer. More kits; the CamJam Edukits is wonderful, reasonably priced, and of high quality. A few different packs of assorted LEDs, different resistors, some jumper wires, cables , cam-switches , a few different breadboards, a variety of battery boxes, a wire stripper, an AVO meter, possibly some small switches or press buttons that fit the breadboards, and battery boxes for various battery groupings to make 3V, 6V, or 9V. A toolbox with many sections to store all of these various pieces of equipment.
How To Know If You Have Chosen High-Quality Cables?
The question, “Is this the best quality cable?” and the follow-up question, “How do I know that this is a good quality cable?”, are by far the most frequently asked questions we receive. In this article, we’ll outline some general principles for evaluating the quality of the cable.
As a general rule of thumb, a high-quality cable is one that performs well, is built to withstand normal (and even extreme) use without breaking, and does the job for which it was created.
So, the quality of a cable is a measure of how well a cable meets or fails to meet these above criteria.
Using the criteria defined above, it can be difficult to tell if the cable is of the highest quality. If you’re looking for the best cable in Pakistan, there are some general things to look out for.
Examining the Cable for Strain Relief
For the most part, cable failures occur at the connector, rather than along the wire’s length. In fact, the connector accounts for more than 95% of all cable failures. “Strain relief” is the term for the moulded, slightly flexible section of the wire where it connects to the cable.
Ask For A Technical Drawing Of The Cable From The Supplier
You can get a cable’s technical drawing by contacting the supplier. Using this drawing, you can see exactly how much and what kind of material went into making that cable. A supplier’s willingness to make its drawings available for public inspection, even if the drawings themselves are difficult to understand, speaks volumes about the supplier’s commitment to quality. From cable diagrams, you can learn about the following:
- The material used in the wire conductor (copper, copper-clad steel, silver, etc.)
- Cable shielding materials and construction (and thus, its effectiveness)
- Materials used to insulate the body (which can affect electrical performance)
- A cable’s maximum specified electrical performance rating (this information varies in relevance from one cable type to the next).
In Pakistan, the best quality cables are needed everywhere. Indeed, finding high-quality cables is a challenge. The best cables in Pakistan are available online at Al Hutaib. As leading electrical items supplier in Karachi, we’ll help you find exactly what you’re looking for at the best price.
Along with the best cables in Pakistan, Philips LED bulbs, and uPVC pipe fittings, we also offer other high-quality electrical items in Pakistan, such as intercoms, extension leads, wiring devices, etc. For further details, contact us.
Why Plugging Two Extension Cords Together Is Dangerous
Extension Cords enable us to power where we need them. Nevertheless, an extension cord is a temporary solution. You should not use it for the long term to power your electronic items.
Extension cords are designed to carry a certain level of current to deliver to your electrical appliances. When you connect two extension leads in series, one after another, the extension’s cord’s resistance increases accordingly. Each extension generates heat and damages the cord’s insulation. It can cause fire and electrical shock.
Problems Arise After Joining Two Cords
A problem that arises after interconnecting plugs together, cords lose power when getting loose and falling apart. You will not get enough current supply for your electrical item. So, a fault that occurs in the joining of extension cords can become a result of the breaker failing to trip.
Never rely on extension cords for the long run. If you don’t have enough socket boards, ask your electrician to install them for you. Electrical socket boards that have been installed by a professional electrician, are built-in compliance with standards developed over years which ensures sturdiness and security.
Attaching one extension to another is not a strong solution. If you need to use it, then make sure to use longer extension leads for better results. The fuse will protect and prevent extra current flow.
Few Key Points to keep in mind always while using electric cords:
- Never overload extension cords or allow them to run through water or snow on the ground
- Do not go through walls, doors, ceilings, or floors, where it’s getting covered. Heat will not escape and may result in fire.
- Do not substitute extension cords for permanent wirings.
- Do not use it for more than one electronic appliance.
- If you need more than one appliance. Make sure that electric sockets should be installed soon.
- Multiple plug outlets must be plugged directly into mounted electrical receptacles, they can’t be changed together.
- Make sure the extension cord you are using is rated for products to be plugged in.
- Make sure that your extension lead is marked for either outdoor or indoor use.
- Electrical appliances have a wattage rating on them, always compare that it’s not less than the cord.
- Never use any extension leads which are generating a lot of heat or are already damaged. Because a single naked strand can give you an electric shock or burn.
- Do not use the three-prong plug for your two slots of the plug, never cut off the ground pin to force it in to fit.
Extension Leads For Your Need
Always buy your needed extension leads from a reputed company or store. Al-Hutaib provides you with the best solutions for your needs. They have certified equipment at an affordable price.